Below are the steps to get your valuable information out of FastRecruit and back into your ACS Recruiting Database. This article covers the steps for exporting Recruits, and also for exporting Notes. If you need any further help with these steps, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Export your Recruits from FastRecruit onto a .CSV file
Within the Recruits Tab in the FastRecruit Web portal, click the "Bulk Actions" button and select "Export Recruits" from the menu. In the "Export Recruits" menu, you will be presented with a number of different filters that you can use to adjust which Recruits are included in your Export. If you leave each filter blank, your entire database will be exported.
Below are the filters available for your Export that can be used individually or in combination together:
- Updated From/To Dates: By setting these filters, all newly added Recruits and also all existing Recruits with updated information (grad year, club team, etc) from the selected time period will be included in the export file.
- Created From/To Dates: These filters will include only new Recruits that were added to your database during the selected time period.
- Class / Category / Position: These filters will only include matching Recruits with the selected Class, Category, or Position.
Once you have set your desired filters, click the "Export Recruits" button to create a .CSV export file containing your Recruits.
Our recommendation is the set the 'Updated From Date' field to the beginning of your recruiting season and leaving the rest of the fields blank. This will generate an export of only new or edited recruits this season.
Step 2: Export your Recent Notes onto a .CSV file
To export any newly-created Notes from FastRecruit and into JumpForward, use the Reports tab within the FastRecruit Web portal and then select "Notes" from the menu. Use the available filters to select the date range of Notes to include in your Export, and while you also have the option to select a particular Recruit or Author (coach) to Export Notes for, you will likely want to leave these filters blank to include all Notes from the selected Date Range.
Once the correct filters are selected, click the "Export Notes" button. Your Notes will be exported as a .CSV file.
Step 3: In ACS, request an import of the new information
Once you have exported your list of recruits and notes onto separate .CSV files, log-in to ACS to request an import of that data.
1. Log-in to ACS and select the 'Help & Training' button found in the top-right corner of ACS
2. Next, select 'Submit a request'
3. In the subsequent request form that appears, fill out the following information:
Subject: Import Recruit Information
Description: Please import the attached .CSV files to our recruits list in ACS. Please take note of any potential duplicate recruits or notes.
Attachments: Attach the .CSV files you exported from FastRecruit. Ensure you attach BOTH the recruit file and note file if you exported both from FastRecruit.
4. ACS Support staff will receive the request and make updates to your Recruit list in ACS